- In order to provide information services to the incoming tourists (Pre & Post arrival) and domestic tourists, the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has setup a contact center / Tourist infoline.
- This service will be available on the toll free number 1800111363 or on a short code 1363.
- This will be operational 24X 7 (all days) in a year offering a “multi-lingual helpdesk” in the designated languages to provide support service in terms of providing information relating to Travel & Tourism in India to the domestic and International tourists/visitors and to assist the callers with advice on action to be taken during times of distress while travelling in India and if need be alert the concerned authorities.
- The calls made by tourists (both international and domestic) while in India will be free of charge.
- Besides English and Hindi, the service will be offered in ten International languages namely, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.